Thursday, November 18, 2010

When I Grew-up

When I grew up, I wanted to be a Television Journalist. I wanted to have a degree, get married to a wealthy man live in a house as big as those now visible in Nigerian movies and have 4 children; 3 boys and 1 girl. I wanted to drive a very big car and bring my mother over to stay with me and relax from the terrible life she has had, cook for my husband and I while we go to work, and hire a driver to drive her around.

Today (2010) I have grown soooooo much. I went to school and studied to be a Journalist and got a degree. I found a man who loves me and we got married 5 years after my degree. Today I mother 3 children a boy and two girls. I am a happy woman, wife, sister, who owns and runs her own business. I live in a big house and drive an affordable car. My mother died just after I got married but after seing my first child.

Even though my mum is not there to share my dream, I hope she is able to watch me with a smile. Today I am more Blessed than I wished to be when I grew up. With the network and chain of network I call my family, realising that life is not about moneym I am over 10 folds more Blessed than I thought of being. Because as a woman, I have now known what makes you happy.
Happiness is not about what you have but about who you have. Happiness is not about what you will have but about who will be there for you.
So Is My Life Close to A Dream Fulfilled?
Why do we need to depend on others to be happy?

No comments: